The European Union of Associations of Translation Companies (EUATC) is an umbrella body for national associations of translation companies throughout Europe, without being limited to the EU.
The EUATC provides a united voice for language services companies and promotes the highest standards of quality and business practice. It also helps to improve the training of linguists across Europe. Visit euatc.org to find information about the association and its activities, as well as the wider language and localization industries. You are also welcome to take part in discussions or to contact us.
As a truly international organisation the EUATC is a forum for translation companies, enabling them to speak with a united voice and providing them with the opportunity to lobby on issues affecting the translation industry.
The EUATC is recognised by the European Commission in Brussels. As a major opinion leader it participates in influencing European policy and decision-making and is consulted by key international institutions. It was the initiator of EN 15038, the European standard for translation services and many of its members worked on the project throughout its three-year development.
It is proactive in promoting the translation industry across Europe and is committed to developing Europe-wide good translation practice.
The objectives of the EUATC are to:
- Promote the highest standards of quality and business practice among national member associations
- Provide a strong, united voice for companies operating in the language industry when addressing governmental and non-governmental institutions in Europe
- Provide support to national associations to reinforce their work providing a European perspective
- Working with partners around the world to develop a unified approach
- Give buyers of language services information and advice about the benefits of commissioning recognised Language Service Providers
- Help solve common issues affecting the language industry across Europe
- Make a contribution towards enlarging the European market for language services
- Assist in establishing national associations of translation and language services companies throughout Europe
- Help to improve the training of the next generation of European linguists
- Promote co-operation with freelance community
- Form links with related associations around the world
This article was first published in the AALC newsletter. Drop us a line and receive all articles as they are published.EUATC
Since its beginnings in 2003, All About Languages has delivered professional services in interpretation, translation, training and support to services and organisations across Tasmania. Our expert team of Interpreters not only cover over 100 languages but enjoy working with us. They share our common value of exhibiting empathy whilst conveying the meaning of the message and in turn breaking down language barriers. This is why our service is more than just words.
All About Languages was created by the late Alice Jaworski who wanted to address the need and lack of communication support to Non-English speakers. She experienced language and cultural barriers herself when migrating from Poland to France and then France to Australia. Her passion for helping others overcome these barriers has been carried to this day with our whole team helping migrants integrate with the local communities.
All About Languages is continually adapting and improving and as such, has recently engaged the latest technology to offer remote interpreting via phone or video where physical locations may have limited users of our services in the past. We also provide translation services for larger and complex projects with multiple languages including design and editing for print media to various organisations.
This article was first published in the AALC newsletter. Drop us a line and receive all articles as they are published.