19 Dec 2019
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
What will you learn?
- What’s driving innovation? Overview about global trends.
- Understand recent advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence and how they are being applied to the language business, especially in the field of translation.
- How do these developments affect language businesses and traditional roles in the translation supply chain?
- What can you do to future-proof your business?
- What can Universities do to prepare their students for the future?
Daniel Zielinski is the founder and managing director of Loctimize, a leading international expert in global language logistics. As a senior consultant, he and his team deal with challenges related to language in the context of globalization, internationalization and localization. His work focuses on language and translation technologies as well as process optimization. Within this context, he analyses trends, evaluates new technologies and tools and supports international enterprises and language service providers in the selection and introduction of new technologies. Daniel is also a trainer holding training certificates for all relevant translation tools with more than 15 years of experience.
Before founding Loctimize in late 2009, the graduate translator worked for several years as a lecturer and research assistant at various universities in Europe in the fields of linguistic data processing and translator training. Since 2017, he returned part-time to this role at the University of Mainz in the fields of General and Applied Linguistics and Translation Technology
- Trends shaping the language service industry in Europe and Globally
- New technologies and tools that are emerging in our industry
- Technologies and tools used by European LSPs
- Case studies of LSPs before adopting technology and after and the impact on their companies
- Initiatives that European Universities are embarking on to train students in he service industry.